Sunday, July 12, 2009

What's your favourite colour?

In keeping with the somewhat patriotic / Ottawa-specific theme of my previous post, I went by Parliament Hill tonight. It was in part to play with my new toys (new tripod, new 24-70mm f/2.8 lens, my first L-series, hooray!) and in part to get some shots of Ottawa by night; what hadn't occurred to me was that the Sound and Light Show was going on. For those who haven't seen it, it's a... let's call it a movie (all about Canadian heritage, of course) projected onto the facade of the Parliament building (Centre Block, if we're being exact). I believe it to be cool.

Anyway. I set up my tripod and my new lens (lovingly called "the Beast"). Since the images/lights were moving relatively fast, I had no idea how my shots were going to turn out, but I figured I'd just take a nice long exposure, hope for the best, and see what happens. I was pleasantly surprised. All of the images below were 30-second exposures at f/8.







So: what's your favourite colour?

1 comment:

  1. My fav colour?... Need I say ? :P Purple looks good on anything :D

    Tiger

    ReplyDelete