Sunday, July 19, 2009

Vancouver -- Chinese Garden, Take 1

Somewhere in the midst of my photo-posting hiatus, I went to Vancouver for Jeff's graduation, and got a tour of the city for good measure. I'm finally getting around to doing some real editing now, and finding out that tourism trumped photography this time around. Still, I'll post some of my best (and maybe most representative) shots, and let you be the judge of them.

To start, a few shots of the Dr. Sun Yat Sen Chinese Garden. Jeff and I were there on an unbelievably bright and sunny day, which made for good tourist weather but less spectacular photography. Thankfully, the omnipresent bamboo helped provide some interesting shade...





3 comments:

  1. Nice photos! Especially the last one, the colour tone and the perspective really made the shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment and for the compliment. That's my favourite of those 3 shots as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... bamboo trees... So nice... I have a few bamboo plants, but I doubt they will ever turn into trees :P it's a rather "home-edition" species. But still nice...

    Tiger

    ReplyDelete