Friday, July 24, 2009

Love, ghetto lighting, and a rose

Today's been a bit of a tough day, with a couple of curve balls thrown at me from a couple of directions. All that changed, however, when my wonderful boyfriend picked me up from work and gave me the most beautiful red and white rose!

Now, to your average girl, taking the rose home, putting it in a vase and possibly bragging to a couple of friends would be enough. I, however, needed to (1) move all my furniture around, (2) set up the world's most tangled ghetto lighting setup including every lamp I own, a few metres of aluminium foil, parchment paper and foam, (3) take about 70 shots, and (4) post 3 of them here.

So please enjoy, and if you see Jeff, please thank him from the bottom of my heart for being the wonderful man he is, and lifting my spirits whenever I need a pick-me-up and a reminder that having awesome people in my life makes life pretty damn good.







As for me, I'll be cleaning my apartment for the next 3 hours.

3 comments:

  1. Very impressive shot! The use of beads is creative. I hope that a. the cleanup wasn't too painful and b. the rose is nicely tucked in a vase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The cleanup is mostly done, and the rose is hopefully enjoying its new vase. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know... I have a theory about roses... They are so nice in nature, but once you get them in pictures, or any type of perfume, the magic is gone. You managed to change my mind. Love this :) Absolutely lovely :)

    Tiger

    ReplyDelete