Monday, July 13, 2009

Life at 50mm

As part of my recent photo equipment shopping spree, in addition to the 24-70mm Beast, I also got myself a nifty little (or, in this case, not quite so little) 50mm prime lens. I was talked into this by Jeff (i.e the boyfriend), who loves his own 50mm and sings odes to it in a lovely tenor voice whenever he takes it out for a shoot.

So. In honour of my having caved, we both went out with our respective Nifty Fifties and, as is tradition (it seems!), got rained on abundantly. Before that, though, we did manage to get some good shots. Mine are below, and you can see Jeff's on his brand new Flickr account at www.flickr.com/photos/jeffhuangphoto/.


Flower box along Sussex.


Some bikers abandoned their bikes for a minute on Alexandra bridge, to take photos of themselves (and each other) with Parliament Hill as a backdrop. I, on the other hand, was happy shooting their bikes.


A groundhog in Jacques Cartier Park. He ran away, but kept poking his nose out of his burrow even when I got this close.


Decided to try and shoot something less shy... like a wall.


... And then this little guy came out to play, probably hoping to be fed. He eventually gave up on that and went to chill with the groundhog.

2 comments:

  1. I heart that shot of the groundhog - nice work Ana! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! =D
    He was the cutest groundhog ever!

    ReplyDelete