Friday, July 24, 2009

Vancouver Aquarium

My trip to Vancouver wouldn't have been complete without a visit to the Aquarium. If you haven't been, I can tell you I was in awe of some of the coolest fish, birds and otters (among other species) I've ever seen. It's an amazing place to go if you love fish, and a great place to take your camera if you decide you have too much self esteem.

If you like shooting fast-moving fish, in the dark, through thoroughly fingerprinted glass and speckled water, then this is your photographic paradise. Otherwise, though? Please leave your camera at home and just enjoy your visit.

... Or do what I did and stubbornly take 150 underexposed, *slightly* blurry shots. The ones I had most luck with were, unsurprisingly, starfish (which didn't move), jellyfish (which were brightly lit and moved slowly) and a Mandarin duck, which was slowly wading in a pond outside (and therefore in bright light):







No comments:

Post a Comment