Friday, September 25, 2009

Weekly Project - HDR

Today's post will be short -- I'm due for a run and a salsa night!

This week's assignment was to create my first HDR image, and figure out the whole HDR process in general. So I downloaded a Photomatix free trial, and got to work on a set of photos taken on last week's Canal walk. Here is the result:

Before HDR (i.e. image closest to the HDR result. I got the HDR image by combining 3 shots):


After HDR:


Seeing as this was a bit of a rushed job, I don't have an insightful tip to share. Which is why I'm making HDR a two-week project! So over the next week, you can look forward to more (and hopefully better) HDR photos.

Also: please don't forget that you're invited to suggest new projects any time!

The Weekly Projects are small assignments I take on to try things I otherwise wouldn't and expand my range. While I do have a few things in mind, suggestions are very welcome. If you have a project idea, would like to share your thoughts on my posts, or would like to join me on my little adventures and post a link to your own results, it would make me very happy. And I would bake you cookies. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment